Sol Chip’s innovative technology is designed to enable autonomous operation of devices and systems powered by solar energy sources.
The 21st century lifestyle has created an enormous demand for low-power applications such as mobile and wireless devices. These applications require continuous power. Their ability to operate autonomously is limited by battery lifespan. The need to replace batteries causes considerable downtime, represents an expense, and takes a heavy toll on the environment due to battery waste
Sol Chip’s Solution
Sol Chip has developed a breakthrough technology addressing the needs of remote or mobile devices that operate autonomously, by prolonging battery life, reducing environmental hazard, and improving battery-charging technology.
Sol Chip’s Everlasting Solar Battery harvests light energy to power billions of individual appliances. Through its innovative IP, Sol Chip’s technology integrates all the components required — in a single battery unit — to harvest and supply sustainable solar/light energy to low-power applications.
Sol Chip’s technology utilizes low-cost manufacturing flow, thereby increasing overall efficiency and decreasing design complexity, while reducing cost.
Sol Chip’s innovative power harvesting solution provides -
- Autonomous operation of low power applications
- Extended battery life or elimination of battery altogether
- Reduce environmental hazard
- Integration of components required for harvesting solar energy into single solar battery
- Reduced system cost of ownership (Reduced cost of silicon, system and maintenance)
- Increased solar battery efficiency and reliability